ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pillsbury New "Simply" Cookies - Review & Coupon

Pillsbury has introduced the new "Simply" line of cookies. They are ready-to-bake cookies made with simple, wholesome ingredients like flour, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. They have 0g trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors and no preservatives.

I was sent a free coupon to try out Simply and was happy to find them in my store. (They are very new and our store doesn't always have the latest things!) I'm usually not a huge fan of ready-to-bake cookies, but I really wanted a dessert the other night and did not feel like baking from scratch. I baked half of the package of twelve. They turned out so yummy! I find that most ready-to-bake cookies usually end up fairly thick and not that appealing. These spread out nicely making a thin cookie that is crispy on the edges and moist and chewy in the middle. They really remind of of the cookies I used to have at my best friend LeAnn's house back in elementary school. I always thought her mom made the best cookies! The other thing they remind me of (and trust me this really IS a compliment) are the cookies we used to get at McDonald's when we lived on the East Coast. They had the "fresh-baked" cookies that were always warm and gooey with the crispy edges. That's one of the many items on my husband's list of complaints about me dragging him to live in Minnesota - - he really misses those cookies.

Anyway, if you would like to try these cookies for yourself, you can print a $1.25 coupon through this link. If you have already tried them or give them a try, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e