ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e

Monday, August 17, 2009

American Le Mans Series at Elkhart Lake, WI - August 2009

We had a great time this weekend! We drove to Elkhart Lake, WI for the American Le Mans series. My husband's friend works for the BMW Racing Club and was nice enough to get us tickets. I have never been to any type of auto race before and wasn't sure how I would like it. I liked it a lot. One of the reasons I probably liked it was that we didn't just sit and watch cars driving by for hours. The track itself was not what I expected. It is a long, 4-mile track, that meanders through a park-like setting. I couldn't believe how huge the place was! There was also a "carnival-like" atmosphere. All of the different car manufacturers and other race team sponsors had tents with displays and promotional events (meaning we got some free stuff like t-shirts too!) There were a lot of different types of races with different types of cars, which really kept things interesting.

I have to say that my very favorite part was the food provided by BMW hospitality. We had fantastic meals with a variety of entrees, pasta dishes and fantastic salads. Saturday evening was barbecue night with brats, BBQ ribs and lots of great sides like corn on the cob and unique potato salad. I will be bummed out going back to my own cooking starting today.

Overall I had a GREAT time and am hoping we can go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e