ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tropicana Trop50 Juice Beverage Review

Let me start out that I have always been a big fan of Tropicana Orange Juice. I love the taste and, when I don't have to share with my pulp-hating husband, I love their Lots of Pulp version. Their newest offering is Tropicana Trop50 Juice Beverage.

It's made from fresh oranges, not concentrate, and contains 50% less sugar & calories than orange juice. It's sweetened with PureVia, an all-natural extract of the stevia plant.

I tried it this morning and, frankly, I didn't like it. It just tasted TOO sweet. It reminded me of Sunny D or a similar juice drink. I'm all for less calories and sugar, but I think I will stick to just adding water to my regular Tropicana OJ. My husband, however, told me he's glad I don't like it because he does. He liked that it seemed lower in acid and didn't give him acid reflux or any other icky stuff that he sometimes experiences with orange juice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that it has added Vitamins and Minerals. From the product info, it includes: Potassium Citrate, Calcium Hydroxide, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Magnesium Phosphate, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Vitamin D3, Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) and Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6).

So, my final opinion is that I won't be buying this anymore, but if hubby ever gets himself to the grocery store, it will probably be in our fridge again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e