ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e

Friday, October 16, 2009

Why I Love Dairy Queen Blizzards

I just got back from Dairy Queen and am very happy because I had a Blizzard. What I like about Blizzards is that they have so many different flavor combinations, plus speciality flavors depending on the time of year. Right now they have a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard with pumpkin pie blended with soft serve ice cream and pie crust pieces, topped with whipped cream and nutmeg. I was so sure that I was going to get that after my meal, but when the time came I was really craving chocolate.

Besides craving chocolate, I was also craving nuts (I like a sweet/salty combination). I love the peanuts at Dairy Queen - the Spanish peanuts with the husks on them - yum. None of the Blizzard flavors had exactly what I wanted, so I created my own mix of hot fudge and peanuts. It was delicious and that's why I like Blizzards - you can basically create anything you want. I'm in a happy Blizzard mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=696323173dc208f15756929bde51485e